Advanced Processes & Techniques Learning Week
What’s next is what’s now. Next generation processes and tools are here for you today. The Advanced Processes & Techniques Learning Week showcases Live Webinars and On-Demand Sessions revolving around these ideas.
This FinNext Learning Week is sponsored by:
Learn more about Adaptive Insight's offerings here.
Using AI-Enabled Predictive Analytics for Unbiased Forecasting and Decision-Making
Credits: 1.2 CTP/CCM | 1.2 FP&A | 1.2 CPE in the Information Technology Field of Study
We are entering an era of digital finance that requires on-demand continuous planning where human and Artificial Intelligence (AI) work hand in hand to achieve better analytical results for data-driven decisions. This session shares how FP&A professionals can leverage AI-enabled capabilities to augment subjective estimates of future performance with insightful and unbiased analytics, AI-driven revenue and operating forecasts, operational predictive analytics, and improved decision management. Attendees learn from a case study on applying this analytical process that includes the resulting economic benefits while also addressing why many analytic cultures ultimately fail.
- Get an overview of the new cost-effective tools and resources available to FP&A that allow for unbiased forecasting and predictions, improve business performance, and elevate FP&A to the strategic partnership with the business
- Incorporating AI-enabled advanced analytics is not long, expensive, or hard; it’s simply a discipline to develop the Mindset to go from the hindsight looking spreadsheet Reporter to the predictive powerhouse of Strategist that has a seat-at-the-table, and failure to make the leap will relegate FP&A to its traditional role of financial reporting and biased forecasts as other groups adopt an analytics culture of unbiased data driven decisions
Director of Outlets
Pasea Hotel & Spa Resort
DecisionVu Group, Inc.
This webinar took place on Tuesday, April 28.
Thinking Beyond the Dashboard: Power-up Your Finance BI with Data Visualization Skills
Credits: 1.2 CTP/CCM | 1.2 FP&A | 1.2 CPE in the Communications & Marketing Field of Study
While your organization may have successfully transitioned reporting from tables, charts, and emails to powerful dashboards, you may not be utilizing research-tested and industry leading design and data visualization principles that can take your BI from good to great. Microsoft’s finance organization has spent years researching the principles of data visualization and design to create intuitive, action-oriented dashboards and reports that drive deeper conversations and deliver more impactful business outcomes. Hear from a finance practitioner and data visualization expert as they show you how to add these principles to your own toolkit to transform your reporting, simplify your workflows, and increase your impact.
- Discover design and data visualization principles used to convey financial information and drive action
- Apply best practices to your own dashboards and reports in order to increase your impact
Senior Business Intelligence Solution Manager
Group Finance Manager
This webinar took place on Wednesday, April 29.
Creating an Agile Planning Process
Credits: 1.2 CTP/CCM | 1.2 FP&A | 1.2 CPE in the Business Management & Organization Field of Study
Is your organization agile enough to move beyond annual budgets that are often obsolete by the time they are printed? Has the Coronavirus (Covid-19) destroyed wiped out made your current budget? This session shows you the tactics and strategies needed to replace their static budgeting practices with dynamic, forward-looking processes that better support financial performance management and decision making. Using direct case experience from HOLT CAT that has already transformed into using an agile planning process to ensure your organization succeeds in a constantly changing world. Learn how they have been successfully operating without budgets since 2009. See how your organization could do the same.
- Understand how to effectively use rolling forecasts, relative targets, continuous action planning, dynamic resource allocation, and real time performance measures to enable your organization to live future ready!
- Gain tips and insights from the journey of a company that went beyond their static budget process to create a dynamic, adaptive forward looking Target Setting and Performance Management approach
Live Future Ready
Chief Financial Officer
This webinar took place on Thursday, April 30.
Widening the Aperture of What is Possible, Without Losing Focus of What is Important
Credits: 0.6 CTP/CCM | 0.6 FP&A
Increasingly complex business environments coupled with the need for rapid decision-making present a unique set of challenges for FP&A professionals. More frequently, FP&A professionals are expected to provide a holistic view of company performance that goes beyond the data in a traditional financial statement. Learn how MITRE developed an FP&A analytical framework and how they utilize BI technologies to drive smarter decisions.
Surath Lasantha Wijetunga
Director of Enterprise FP&A
Scenario Analysis: A Guide for Navigating Uncharted Waters
Credits: 1.2 CTP/CCM | 1.2 FP&A
Uncertainty and volatility are here to stay, so how can FP&A provide the guidance organizations need to thrive in this new normal? One answer is scenario planning and analysis, which is a tool to assist in making decisions under uncertainty. If done well, it can project the total impact of the “story” on a firm and encourage the development of an appropriate response. This lively discussion walks you through seven steps for developing scenarios to implement a scenario planning and analysis program and make your current practices more effective.
Jack Alexander & Associates, LLC
Bryan Lapidus, FP&A
Director, FP&A Practice
Association for Financial Professionals