FinNext 2020 is a gateway into the heart of the financial planning and analysis profession. It's an opportunity for your message to shine, which is why we've provided a guide filled with helpful practices and tips to keep in mind when putting together a speech from inception to delivery. Ensure that your presentation makes waves by prepping with the materials below.View the Speaker Guide
Who Attends FinNext
FinNext 2020 is an intensive learning and sharing event customized exclusively for FP&A practitioners. Learn from experts in your industry and connect with your professional peers in the FP&A community, who are just as passionate about finance as you are.
FinNext is an FP&A Corporate Practitioner centric event. Those in the FP&A industry or FP&A product experts are encouraged to attend and network with their fellow FP&A peers.View Attendee Profile
Get the event app for the most up to date schedule. To download the app:
- Search for "Association for Financial Professionals" in the Google Play or Apple App Store
- Download and open the app and search for FinNext 2020 in the search bar
- Enter the event code: finnext20 (lowercase with no space)
- Log-in to your AFP profile to access the complete app features
The event schedule, including keynotes, sessions, networking events, etc. are located in the event app or on the Schedule of Events page.View the Schedule of Events
Check in at the Registration Desk located in the Acadia Ballroom Foyer to pick up your badge. Registration hours are located in the event app and on the Schedule of Events page.
Sunday, March 15: 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Monday, March 16: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 17: 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Session RoomPlan to arrive at least 20 minutes before start time to familiarize yourself with the room arrangement, test the audio/visual and preview your presentation
- Your presentation will be pre-loaded onto the laptop in the session room
- A representative from AFP will open the session with a few remarks and briefly introduce the speaker(s)
- Staff will be equipped with microphones to facilitate questions from the audience
- AFP and audio/visual staff are assigned to each grouping of session rooms to assist with any questions or issues.
- AFP strictly prohibits the distribution of any promotional material such as business cards, gift cards, novelties, books and/or any to other items that can be considered promotional. Such outreach must be conducted on the exhibition floor
- Promotion of a company’s products/services during the presentation is also prohibited
- Please depart the session room promptly so that the room can be prepared for the next session
Session Room Layout
The session room is equipped with a lectern, laptop (positioned on the lectern), wifi, microphones. Please note that changes cannot be made to the room arrangement.View the Room Layouts
If you are using polling in your presentation:
- Create a slide for each poll and insert into the presentation
- Each poll slide should include the Question and a list of the response choices
- Available response options are multiple-choice (select one from a list of responses), or select all that apply
- The poll slide (with question and response) must be inserted in your presentation in advance of the conference to allow ample time to create in the event app
- AFP will set up each poll in the event app and insert a slide widget which will display the results live on-screen.
CPAs in attendance are required to record the session CPE code and enter it into the event app for the CPE credits reporting. AFP will insert a CPE code slide at the end at the end of the presentation.
At the conclusion of your presentation please be sure to advance to this slide so that the code appears on the screen for attendees. If you have any questions regarding session CPE codes on site, please speak to an AFP staff member.